Place of work: Shepperton Marina
Hours of work: Five days over seven, normally Tuesday to Saturday hours 08.30 to 17.30.
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. In order for us to provide the best marina we must have a team in place to provide a first-class service. The position of ‘Marina Operative’ is a very important one to the company.
The primary role is to upsell the Marina by offering a first-class service to new and existing berth holders and ensure the Marina is a safe by carrying out thorough daily / weekly checks.
- Carry out daily rounds (morning & afternoon) of the whole marina checking on all boats, pontoons & facilities.
- Carry out weekly/monthly Health & Safety rounds of all the pontoons ensuring the safety equipment is readily available to be used in an emergency.
- Carry out monthly Health & Safety checks around the main building including fire door checks and emergency lighting checks.
- Upsell the Marina to new berth holders including giving tours of the site.
- Respond to all enquiries by phone, email and in person.
- Ensure the site is continuously looking clean & presentable including; notice boards are up to date, the marina is litter free, trolleys are available at every trolley bay, bins are not overflowing, facilities are clean and presentable, pontoons are safe for visitors.
- Assist visiting boats into the Marina and manage the visitors log during the height of the season.
- Report maintenance issues to the Marina Services team.
- Build good relationships with boat owners / tenants and offer general assistance.
- Move boats around the marina when requested.
- Serve fuel.
- Operate the till.
- Carry out annual pontoon pressure cleaning.
- Complete the Marina Operatives course.
- Assist with ground works when required.
- Assist with boats sales – viewings demonstrations & movements.
- Assist with craning operations when required.
- Good Thames boating knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Happy working weekends.
- Can swim.