We are looking for a boat sales Manager to join our team. Details below:
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, THEREFORE INTENDED AS A GUIDE ONLY
Reporting to: Marina Manager
Place of work: Shepperton Marina
Hours of work: Five days over seven, 40 hours a week.
Holiday entitlement: 28 Days including Bank Holidays
Salary & Commission Rate: £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience. Plus the potential to earn sales commission.
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. For us to provide the best marina we must have a team in place to provide a first-class service. As part of our continued growth, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Boat Sales Manager to join our team and play a key role in expanding our boat sales division.
As the Boat Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading our boat sales team, developing strategic partnerships, and driving sales growth in the competitive market of the river Thames. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, catering to a discerning clientele seeking every type boating experiences.
Boat Showrooms is already a successful part of the Shepperton Marina business but has more potential to grow and develop with its position on the river Thames. There is an exciting opportunity for the new Boat Sales Manager to expand the business, develop the best sales team on the river and become the go to boat sales business on the river Thames.
- Sales Leadership:
- Lead and motivate a high-performing boat sales team both at the London and Marlow offices.
- Set and achieve ambitious sales targets, always striving for excellence and achievement.
- Hold weekly meetings with the sales team to ensure updates and developments are communicated effectively throughout the team.
- Hold monthly management meetings with the board of directors to present progress from the previous months and look at methods of developing the business moving forward.
- Business Development:
- Develop relationships with existing suppliers and continually explore new potential suppliers and products.
- Develop and implement effective sales methods to capture new market opportunities.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential clients, yacht brokers, and industry influencers.
- Customer Engagement:
- Provide exceptional customer service by understanding clients' needs and preferences.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Continually reach out to existing databases and ensure that return business is captured as much as possible.
- Ensure that all sales employees are trained in group customer service ethos and that all customers approaching Boat Showrooms feel welcomed and looked after.
- Group Collaboration:
- Work closely with the marina manager to gain an understanding of the larger marina business and how Boat Showrooms integrates effectively.
- Ensure the group ethos, policies and procedures are used as a basis for all decisions made with the Boat Showrooms department.
- Other such duties to support Marina operations as dictated by the marina manager.
- Product Knowledge:
- Stay updated on industry trends, new boat models, and competitive offerings.
- Train and mentor, the sales team to enhance product knowledge and presentation skills.
- Complete any necessary training to ensure the Boat Sales Department remain compliant, effective, and efficient.
- Marketing Collaboration:
- Alongside the main marina, create targeted campaigns and promotional events to ensure the Boat Showrooms business is well advertised.
- Utilize digital marketing platforms, particularly social media, and traditional channels to increase brand visibility.
- Use marketing initiatives to engage with existing and potential customers through the existing databases.
- Recommend, plan, organise and run any Boat Showroom events including boat shows, flotillas, or exhibitions that Boat Showrooms have agreed to attend.
- Work alongside the Marina Manager to assist organising internal events that Boat Showrooms will need to have a presence at.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate regular sales reports, analyse performance, and provide insights to the Directors for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all software and databases are utilised, up to date, maintained and compliant with GDPR for both sales offices.
- Implement data-driven strategies to optimize sales processes and enhance overall department efficiency.
Proven experience in boat/yacht sales, preferably in a managerial role.
- In-depth knowledge of the marine industry, preferably on the River Thames.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for boating and a customer-centric mindset.
- Business attitude and strategic mindset.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa on 01932 260268.
Shepperton Marina Ltd. is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 29th February 2024 with interviews being held from the following week.