Current Availability ( 1 )
(1) FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE PERSON
Hours of work: Five days over seven, normally Friday to Wednesday hours 07.30 to 16.30.
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. In order for us to provide the best marina we must have a team in place to provide a first-class service. The position of ‘Marina Maintenance’ is an important one to the company.
The primary role is to react to reported maintenance issues on a daily basis and schedule other maintenance in order of priority, as set out by the Marina Services Supervisor.
- Carry out planned pre-season maintenance to ensure the marina continues to look more presentable each year.
- Carry out daily morning rounds.
- Ensure the site is continuously looking clean & presentable including; notice boards are up to date, the marina is litter free, trolleys are available at every trolley bay, bins are not overflowing, facilities are clean and presentable, pontoons are safe for visitors.
- Ensure all site bins are emptied on a regular basis and report any fly tipping, or incidents where waste has not been correctly segregated.
- Respond to reported maintenance issues from around the marina and main building.
- Carry out monthly Health & Safety checks around the main building including; fire door checks and emergency lighting checks.
- Carry out weekly fire safety checks in the main building and communal areas.
- Carry out non-skilled building maintenance.
- Carry out non-skilled grounds maintenance.
- Ensure weekly checks and maintenance is carried out on the chain ferry.
- Ensure weekly checks and maintenance is carried out on the pump-out.
- Ensure all storage containers, compounds and workshops are kept locked for safety and security.
- Carry out annual pontoon pressure cleaning.
- Ensure all ladders are kept locked so they can’t be borrowed by customers for safety and security.
- Dispense Fuel.
- Assist with craning operations when required.
- Assist with marina development projects.