Current Availability ( 1 )
Job Description – Customer Service Assistant
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, THEREFORE INTENDED AS A GUIDE ONLY
Reporting to: Office Manager
Place of work: Shepperton Marina
Hours of work: Five days over seven, normally Saturday to Wednesday hours 08.30 to 17.30. Sunday hours will be 09.30 to 17.00.
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. In order for us to provide the best marina we must have a team in place to provide a first-class service. The position of ‘Customer Service Assistant’ is an important one to the company.
The primary role is to offer a first-class service to berth holders, prospective berth holders and tenants.
- Respond to enquiries by phone, email and in person.
- Take messages and ensure they are relayed to the correct person.
- Offer prospective berth-holders a positive tour of the marina. Ensure the Office Manager is aware of all prospective berth-holders.
- Communicate any concerns with customers in writing.
- Email customers with updates on the marina as and when required.
- Take payments for all additional services including fuel / electricity / pump out / visitors.
- Issue electricity cards to new and existing berth holders.
- Manage the visitor’s diary and allocate moorings based on availability.
- Ensure visitor boats receive a visitor pack which includes literature about their stay, discount card for the Holiday Inn and an electricity card for their allocated berth.
- Check, register and administer all visiting contractors to the marina in accordance with the current adopted administrative process.
- Build good relationships with boat owners / tenants and offer general assistance.
- Sort incoming post and deliver to tenants and staff.
- Frank any daily outgoing post prior to 16:30 and take to collection point.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the necessary everyday stationery / toner etc.
- Keep all marina and boat sales literature well stocked and available for customers.
- Ensure the office looks tidy and presentable at all times.
- Reconcile till and ensure cash, cheques and PDQ slips are placed in the safe at the end of every day.
- Ensure the kitchen is well stocked.
- Organise the quarterly staff events including Christmas.
Assist in organising marina events such as the annual boat jumble / berth-holders party / movie on the meadow / tenants’ golf day.
- Assist with boats sales – viewings demonstrations & movements.
- Serve fuel if required.
- Assist with craning bookings when required.